Monday, December 1, 2008

Antici.............pation

(said Frankenfurter)


Cindy and Jordan at the Dallas Arboretum 11/29/08

Thanks everyone for your emails, phone calls and words of comfort while we
w-a-i-t.
I only know a few things more now than I did in my last post.
1) Baby Brian is fine - I was concerned that maybe there was a problem with his health that might have caused the delay. I was told that he is fine. Whew.
2) I was told that I was not the only PAP (prospective adoptive parent) family put on hold.
3) The agency hopes to know more on Monday (today).

We cancelled flights, cancelled our travel insurance policy and had a couple of days to be disappointed and reset our expectations.
SO, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with lots of family and friends, and WAY too much food. It has been great to have such dear folks here this weekend to bring such cheer while we "wander in no-mans land" of adoption information.

Cindy is still here, awaiting possible news today of our Hanoi travel before making return flight arrangements home to Florida. We spent several wonderful hours yesterday afternoon at the Dallas Arboretum. The cool, crisp air of autumn was refreshing, the exercise was much needed after the feasts, and we all got to see some beautiful fall foliage and holiday scenery.

I'll post again when I hear more news. In the meantime, we are "hanging loose, Mother Goose"!


Jordan with Santa at the Arboretum - She asked for a Belle dress and a Jasmine outfit. (Oops - gotta go to the Disney Store!)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that you are in Vietnam yet. I hope we all get some information and good news this week.

Unknown said...

(heavy sigh...)sending postives thoughts your way hoping it will be soon that you take brian home!!