Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hanging out wit' me boy...




We had a great night. We took a long warm bath last night, although I still haven't gotten all the dirt out from under his little toenails and fingenails yet. He loved the bath water, and didn't mind the shampoo either. He clung to me the whole time. He is already bonding and doesn't like it one bit when he isn't being held.

We then had an Elimite rubdown from head to toe for both baby and me to rid ourselves of the scabies. We had to keep this cream on everywhere overnight and then rinse it off this morning.

He slept almost all night. He woke up at 2am for changing and a bottle and was back asleep til 6:45am. He scratched his ears and head throughout the night, the scabies sores and bumps and crusties from it in his ear was bothersome to say the least. He breathes so congested and heavy while sleeping I wasn't sure if it was the cold or just Early Onset Steve Elam disorder. :) He didn't like the crib, and as soon as I brought him up in the bed with me, he immediately curled up under my arm and snuggled asleep all night. What a sweetie!

The diaper rash is everywhere, and I can't tell which is the rash or scabies in his groin region. The dry scaliness and red spots extends down both thighs in the back and alongside his inner thighs til midway to his knees.

He has two bottom teeth and is cutting his front top teeth - drooling like a cocker spaniel at times. After the doctor appointment today, I may use some oragel on his gums for relief.
Even though he is 8 months old, he fits into 6 month clothes. The 9 month clothes are just a bit too big, but work like a charm for the outer layering. The layers here are not as much as China - two or three fully covered layers will do, although strangers are still stopping to cover up his hands or neck when they are occasionally showing.

After our morning bathing off the Elimite ritual and a long hot shower for me, it wore the baby out! (I put him in his crib with toys while I showered and he cried the whole time! He didn't like me being out of his sight!) He fell asleep as soon as he got in the stroller. We went down to breakfast at Jaspa's, the in house restaurant. I had coffee, pancakes (and didn't eat something that looked like bacon, or ham - not sure) while baby Brian slept the whole time.


He watches me constantly; looking directly in my eyes. While drinking a bottle, getting changed, being carried - he is just fascinated with this woman - his new mama- who has him snuggled next to her bosom all the time. He seems to like it there...and he is such a sweet, sweet boy.

Alas, I am missing my little girl so much though. She will just love her baby brudder! I show him her picture and tell him stories about her. I will start the process of letting him know that he can't wear her princess dresses or shoes. (She acts selfish about this, but she always shares her dress-up clothes with girls and boys alike). I don't think he'll mind. At least not yet. :)

Dede has been sending me emails from Jordan (in her own words) and pictures of her while they are home. Dede is taking her to play groups and activities and seems to have the schedule down pat! I know they are having fun. I've talked with her on the phone at least once a day, and she is looking at pictures that I am sending them. I think they are having fun together!

I haven't made any other phone calls from the room, as I don't know how much my phone charges are going to be when I check out of the room. (I could probably buy a Volvo for the same amount). My prepaid calling card only works from calling the states to Asia - duh, so I have been using email as a primary communication vehicle.

I haven't heard from Regina and Annie dog - but I am sure Annie is doing great and keeping GeeGee warm in bed at night. Regina - kiss our pooch for us! I can't wait for baby Brian's expressions when he sees a doggy! (that's not for dinner). hehe

I absolutely love all the emails, facebook posts and blog posts I've received. Thank you so much! I am reading them to baby Brian, and saving all of them for his memory book. Thank you for your prayers and warm wishes as we continue our Asian family building and bonding!

We are going to the doctor at 1pm this afternoon. I'll blog later with those results. The winner of the Baby Brian - How much does he weigh? pool will be decided as well! :)


8 comments:

Anna said...

My guess on weight is 17.8 pounds. I can't wait for the next update! Happy New Year - it's going to be a good one!

Gee Gee said...

Annie Dog is doing great!! Yes she is keepin me warm at night against my back in bed!!!! I will post a pic of her tomorrow for Brian to see is doggy!! My guess on weight is 16 lbs even!!! He is adorable!!!

Jan said...

We are loving the updates. Give baby Brian a big kiss for the Beeler family! I'm sorry to hear about his scabies discomfort. I'm so glad you are there to take care of it and more! Sounds like you are bonding! Happy New Year to you!

Mikel Salsgiver said...

I think I've checked your blog every hour on the hour! :-)

Thanks for the posts!

So now my guess - 11.5 pounds

Cannot wait to hear more!

Love,

Mikel

Dawn said...

Thanks for the update. SO happy to see such a beautifully happy boy. CONGRATS again!!

Kim said...

He is SO cute! I showed my husband your photo album , and now he is dreaming of a baby boy : )

Alec, Lisa and Emma Soreff said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful journey with everyone. He is so beautiful and I am thinking he will soon have everyone wooed with that angelic smile of his.

Enjoy your snuggle time!

My weight guess is 14.5 lbs...

Have fun and keep the posts and pics coming.
Love to you both!
Alec, Lisa and Emma

MSChaz said...

The FIRST thing I did this morning was check your blog, (Even before coffee!!!) and what a great way to start the day. I am so thrilled for you, and love the image I have in mind of him wanting to keep you always in his sight. He was just as eager to have you in his life as you were him...