Friday, November 28, 2008

Trip on Hold

Cindy is on her way here from Florida, so we can pack together and head out to Hanoi on Sunday. I just got a phone call from my agency caseworker that the Ministry of Justice in Viet Nam has put our adoption on hold. We don’t know why. It could be a week delay, a month delay or more. We just don’t know yet.

They asked us to not travel and await further instructions.

I think I shared in an earlier post that my sister Cindy has been a great advocate of “the only thing we can control in this process is our attitude”. I don’t know the reasons, or when we’ll get to bring our little boy home, but I am trusting that God has a plan and I trust Him.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I hope you get some answers soon. For all the BN families...what is the hold up?

Michelle said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! WHAT IS UP????? I haven't heard of this happening in a long time, at least not with our agency. All my prayers that it's a simple matter and your trip will continue as planned within a few days. UGH.

MSChaz said...

I think this happened to another June CFC person awhile back. I have no idea what the delay was, but I remember reading her blog and she used the word "deflated" to describe how she felt... or was it "despondent?"
Either way... she ended up leaving a week later (I think), and it all worked out in the end. Just when you think it's all wrapped up......
Ugh!
I admire your strength and your trust, and as a PAP I truly appreciate the example of grace you are setting for all of us who are in line behind you!
Hang in there, Ann!
Best-
Martha
CFC 8/6

The Letter 'W' said...

I keep stalking your blog hoping to find out that this is cleared up and you are heading to VN. Thinking of you today especially as it is Sunday- the day you were supposed to be going. Hoping for good news soon!
Shannon
CFC LS 7/29
Wtg to file I-600