Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I know nothing! Nothing!"


One of my favorite shows growing up was Hogan's Heroes. I thought Bob Crane was cool, Col. Klink a total dweeb, and Sargent Schultz just adorably ignorant. With his regular line of "I know nothing! Nothing!" it is no wonder I feel akin with Schultz today.

(Trivia - John Banner, the actor who played Schultzie, was Jewish. He was born in Vienna, Austria and because of his Jewish heritage, he served time in a German concentration camp in the early stages of Nazi rule. His entire family was killed in the camps. His acting in Switzerland and later America ironically cast him into roles of German War officials because of his accent and features. He died of an abdominal hemmorhage on his 63rd birthday in 1973, at his home town of Vienna where he was buried.)

I kinda feel like I am having an abdominal hemmorhage (figuratively this time).

My agency caseworker still doesn't know what caused our 'adoption hold' or when it could be resolved. It is day to day!


P.S. I have SO enjoyed my sister Cindy being here for the past several days... I don't want her to go back home to Florida, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold her here in the Twilight Zone!

5 comments:

MSChaz said...

I read on APV (and you probably did too) another post about someone's G&R being rescheduled... it seems the DoJ has a lot on its plate right now... I hope they get it all figured out soon! immediately! yesterday!
: )
Martha
waiting to file I600.....

Brian, Jen and Leela Powers said...

Ann - sorry for the delay, but we are happy that we are going to be able to see you and Jordan and the gang in TX... we'll have to wait and meet little Brian after the New Year which isn't too far away!

Dawn said...

I am sorry that they haven't figured it out yet. I hope they do soon, for all of us!!

MSChaz said...

OK-
I'm ready for an update on this blog.... and I'm ready for it to be "We are leaving for Vietnam!!!"
(I'm sure you're ready for that too!)
Martha
p.s. My husband tells me that Werner Klemperer (aka Col. Klink) was also Jewish.....

Michelle said...

I'm thinking of you, Ann!!!!!!!!!! Take care, Hon.

Love
Michelle & Maelie