Monday, November 17, 2008

Lunatic Fringe

Ok, yeah I know... I am obsessing. S'alright - I'm allowed. I'm 10 months virtually pregnant.

It's 11pm pm here in Dallas and that means noon tomorrow Tuesday in Hanoi. Someone has our adoption paperwork sitting on their desk. Their task is to review the referral document and make a determination of "approve" or "investigate further". The terms of baby Brian's abandonment are indisputable. 'Investigate further' has no avenue of exploration.

So, I am waiting for one of our US Embassy employees to stamp "approved" on our documents. They probably know subconsciously that what they do affects lives, but I wonder if they have ever met any of us whose lives are on hold; hearts are on hold...

I know people waiting for their notice that have been years in their wait, already praying for their second or third child. One family lost their referred child through an infant illness and death. Some through bureaucracy. One family is going through a biological miscarriage (not their first) while they pray that their family can be completed through adoption soon - hopefully by Christmas. Their hearts (like ours) are totally vulnerable - waiting for the innocence and purity of their baby to fulfill their deepest desires - some to make them whole, some to fill their purpose in life with substance, and to thank the Lord for the blessing of the privilege to parent a baby.

Jordan and I are so blessed. She is a phenomenal little girl - wise way beyond her years. She is playful, excited about baby Brian, and learning everyday. She said tonight, "I need to put my own pajajmas on because when baby Brian gets here he will need YOUR help". She is going to be an awesome big sister. Today is National Adoption Day - I couldn't be happier. My little girl Jordan is the sweetest little girl I have ever met. I am so lucky. She says she is the lucky one...She told me today, "Mama you are the best Mama in the whole world!" OMG. Heart melting all the day long....


Me, Jordan and Cindy (Aunt Dede) in China - December 2005


We are so eager to complete our family with our baby Brian - my son and her baby brother. He is absolutely sweet and so, so special. He has been in an insititution since his birth-day. I can't wait to bring him HOME. The stroller walks we'll go on, the play time, the coo-ing, the singing, the sweetness that is all baby boy - will be here in just a little while. Wow.

What a gift I have been given...

Who am I to be impatient?

He is on his way - I just pray for solace and comfort during this excrutiating wait. My baby - our little Vietnamese American Texan Montgomery - will be home very soon. Godspeed my son.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful entry Ann. You are an inspiration.
~Michelle F.
PAP Bac Ninh