Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just when you think you've heard it all...


Jordan (the princess) and I took a jaunt out to American Airlines at DFW today. We had to pick up baby Brian's lap ticket, as lap tickets are not electronic and there was not enough time prior to our trip to guarantee snail mail delivery.

Jordan loves airports. She loves to self-service checkin. She almost has enough of her own frequent flyer points for a free ticket. She is three years old.

So, we approach the ticket counter and I let the Customer Service Representative for American know the record locater for the lap ticket. The woman looked at Jordan and then me without accessing her terminal and said, "You're not taking her back - are you?"

"Excuse me?" I asked softly because I didn't want Jordan to hear her and I was rather perplexed. Did I hear her right?

She looked at me with the saddest big ole puppy dog eyes. Then they started welling up with tears. She said, "You are not giving her back - are you?" The poor gal thought my trip to Viet Nam was to take Jordan back there and drop her off somewhere.

I smiled at her, thinking about her true grief and concern, and just said, "Oh no... we are going to adopt her a baby brudder!"

Then she smiled REAL big and could hardly speak through her tears of joy. She was so happy for us.

Wow.

No comments: