Friday, November 7, 2008

Love, Reign O'er Me! (aka Showers of Blessings...)


Last Saturday two of my dearest friends, Bonnie and Regina, hosted a baby shower at my house in anticipation for the upcoming arrival of baby Brian. I am just in awe of the outpouring of love from my dear friends and fellow ‘villagers’!


Lots of folks brought their little girls, and Jordan and her dear friends had a frenzied time (in their day-after-halloween post-candied state) being little girls. Several brave volunteers watched the girls throughout the shower so the adults could sip Mimosas, catch up with old friends, and meet new friends.


The epicurean tapas were fantastic. They served bruscetta and goat cheese atop sea salt crackers, spinach/artichoke dip and queso with chips, and lots of different kinds of nuts. They provided flatbread swirls – which were provolone, club sandwich, and turkey bacon ranch spreads on flour tortilla rolls…mmm. The piece de resistance was the cake… it was as yummy in taste as it was beautiful in design and sentiment (Food and cake from Sam’s Club).

I am still in shock (pinch me!) over the presents. My gosh – it was overwhelming. Such unique and thoughtful gifts… some handmade quilts, throws, clothes, bottles and supplies, items for our trip, gifts for Jordan as the big sister, and lots of bibs. We’ll need lots of bibs and blankets! The most universal gift of all was a sincere outpouring of love that reigned over me from my friends.
I am blessed in so many ways.

Thank you to my friends here and all of you supporting me along this journey. My cup overflows.

No comments: