Thursday, January 29, 2009

Getting in the Groove



We had three days of weather advisories and an ice storm here in Dallas, so it has been "cabin fever" extraordinaire around here. Thank goodness the sun is out today (we had lots of fog this morning) and the weather is a balmy 52 degrees.

The kids are doing great together. They both have their moments, and my favorite is when Jordan screams and cries, "Mama, he's looking at me! I don't want him to look at me!". Too funny. I remember saying that to my mom when I was a little girl. Both kids of are taking turns tormenting the dog. Brian reaches his hand out with a cracker just until Annie can almost lick it, and then he pulls it back and laughs heartily. Needless to say, poor doggy gets lots of sympathy treats from Mama.


Out to Kroger for provisions...


Jordan loves to get up in Brian's crib and sing him to sleep. Her rendition of lullabies are a hoot. "Hush, Little Baby Don't say a word, Mama gonna's buy you a MONKEY bird." She thinks I've been singing Monkey Bird for three years now. To see if the baby is asleep, Jordan picks up his hand, pulls it up in the air and says loudly, "Baby Brian - are you asleep?" Always wakes him up. She is also a bit impatient that he can't say "Sister" yet, but she keeps working on him!

He is standing now - loves to pull up and then take his hands off the couch and put them both in the air - squealing loudly and smiling so we can see him! His legs are getting so strong. We get his blood results back next week at his last IA pediatrician appointment before switching him to our regular pediatrician.

We started Kindermusik on Monday - yeah I know - I said I was going to cut back on activities. Well - I changed my mind. I found out they have a class on Monday afternoon for Brian and me, and then Jordan's regular class is Monday nights. So we had a wonderful musical Monday together. The playtime in class is so great for me and the baby - he loved the beat and singing and us dancing together! He loved crawling around with the other children - it is apparent that he loves other kids. I am sure that like Jordan, they miss being with other children 24/7 when they find their forever home.

The Kindermusik program is so great to introduce kids to music and sounds. The CDs that come with the program are fun for the kids and family friendly. They teach me a lot of new songs and lullaby material also. I am glad we enrolled but I will probably find myself over extended on extra-curricular activities sometime this spring!

From my Domestic Organization post I received some great ideas, pictures and some cynical quips that I enjoy as well. Thanks all - like I said it is a journey so don't expect to see my house in tip-top shape anytime soon. I seem to be moving toys and playthings around too much to make real organizational progress!

No comments: