Thursday, February 19, 2009

Life at Home and Away...



Have I said how absolutely grateful I am? OMG. I am having a blast, and loving every worn-out second of it.




Jordan started soccer and on the first play of her very first game, she kicked a goal - into the other team's net. It was hilarious. I am glad it isn't a competitive league! She was just so happy she scored a goal, and we were too.




Our Valentine's Day included decorating the kitchen with an appropriate heart-covered tablecloth, window cling stickers, wreathes and red flowers. Jordan wrote her name on 30 Valentines for her school friends. One of her Chinese friends had a play party at their house, and all the girls made crafts and had fun. I made sandwiches for her class Valentine Day party. We had a great time just sharing LOVE...


Jordan knows she is loved and we are both showing baby Brian as much love as we can. He is still the sweetest little thing. He is eating like a horse and within 6 weeks of having him, he has moved from only formula to just about everything in the book. He loves ravioli, beanie weenies, spaghetti and meat sauce. His top two front teeth have come in all the way, so he can eat pretty well. He is gnawing on everything he can though - I think he has some more teeth ready to pop through.




He loves Kindermusik and playing all the different kind of sound shakers to music. He loves being held, and loves dancing with his mama. He adores his older sister and smiles so big whenever he sees her! He thinks the Lord put Annie dog on this earth just for him. He already has a special bond with the dog that I don't understand. It just is. Boys and their dogs... so sweet.


The weekend before last we had our first roadtrip to prepare ourselves for lots of trips ahead - by air and car. The 4 1/2 hour roadtrip took us almost 6 to get there. Both kids were having meltdowns in the back seat. As my mom used to say, "It got on my last nerve!" I know they were tired and confined in the back seat, and they were fine when we arrived in Houston. We visited with Elaine, Mallory and Tara, (and Mal's friend Whitney) and we all went to dinner with Helen, Amanda and Davey. We always have such a great time in Houston. Carl and Aubrey came over to visit for awhile, and Jordan slept at Mallory's house like a "big girl". They had slumber parties both nights.


Tara and Brian

Helen "Hopper" and Brian


On Sunday morning, we packed up both the kids around 5:30am and left for Dallas. It took us 4 hours (nonstop) and the kids slept almost the entire way. That was too perfect... there was no way I was going to stop along the way!


So, I am learning to integrate care of two into a daily routine and special events. I don't have it down yet to a routine, but I am so thankful for Jordan - mama's little helper. We all have such a good time - playing with baby, coloring with Jordan, playing Barbies and singing Teletubbie songs for Brian. I think it is so neat how having kids teaches you how to play again. Play, play, play...




Life is good. I am so thankful and happy. I just love my kids.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

You are a beautiful family:) The kids look like they are having the time of their lives!!

Donna said...

He has grown so much since you got him. They are both just beautiful.

Mikel Salsgiver said...

Not sure how much more of this ooey gooey love stuff I can take. Your kids ain't that great. I hear Jordan voted for O and Brian admitted to doing steroids.

Craig

Ann said...

Hardy har har Craig! Hilarious...

Unknown said...

Hi there , I was reading another blog and it linked to yours. I sm in Ireland and I adopted my little girl from Bac Ninh in may last year. She had the no. 8 sewn into her clothes too - I thought there was only six baby rooms in BN and I wondered why the 8 was on Ngo My Hieps clothes?? I asked about it on several adoption sites to see if anyone remembered if there were 8 rooms ( we were not allowed to see the babys rooms). But I got no responses?? Your children are beautiful - I wish you happiness with them - karen and Megan Ngo My Hiep.